Sunday, August 9, 2009

Xtreme Quad Racing

In honor of me and @mhelvey taking a final trip to Pismo Beach before I head off to CU Boulder, I have decided to write a trip-themed post. At Pismo Beach we are going to do some golfing and ATVing. First I am going to review an ATV game app for the iPhone. This game is called Xtreme Quad Racing. Just like the name suggests, this is a racing game performed on quads or ATV (all-terrain vehicles). This game has 5 courses and each course must be raced faster than the CPU for you to win the game. There are 4 different ATVs you can ride. Each one having different vitals and different strengths and weaknesses. Another good part of this game is that there is a 1st person view as well as a 3rd person view. Good stuff. Now on to the user experience/game play. Its bad. Just flat out bad. You play the game in landscape mode, but it definitely doesnt seem like it. I had to turn my iPhone until it was almost vertical. By then I could not even see where I was going. The accelerometer seems very delayed/not working for this app. Its $2.99 in the App Store, and totally NOT worth it. But if you want to find out for yourself check it out in the app store today! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...