Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sportacular Update: (now includes push)

Hey All! As promised, here is the review of Sportacular with the new update. This new update has a couple new features but the one I really want to highlight is the push notifications for sports scores! Prior to thisupdate, I had been using SportsTap, which is a great app for push notification but I didnt like the user interface all that much. Now Sportacular has come out with an update that includes push! In this update you are able to choose from all the sports that my previous review mentioned. You can have pushes sent to you: whenever the game starts, at the end of each inning, at a score change, lead change, and the final score! Right after I downloaded the update, this became my full time sports scores/news/schedule app. I got rid of SportsTap. Check out this app today! There is both a FREE version and a PRO version for $1.99.

5 comments:

  1. love the website guys, thanks for the recommendations you need to check out the new game 'spider: the secret of bryce manor' its too addictive for it's own good and I'm lovin' it but think it's time it made its way onto your blog too...enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! :D between zack and i, one of us is going to review that spider app! looks really fun! check back often. we post alot!

    vince

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could someone let me know what I may be doing wrong as I am not getting my alerts. I have subscribed for them.

    Thank you.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have an unlocked iphone with t-mobile service and i do not subscribe to a data service however, i do have wi-fi access. My problem is that i am not getting any of the game alerts… do i NEED edge or 3g data to be able to recieve the alerts? shouldn’t this feature also work via wi-fi?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have an iPhone 3.0 on t-mobile and the alerts don't work. I do have a data plan. This is about the only thing my t-mobile iPhone doesn't do. It's annoying to not get sportacular game alerts. Even on version 1.6. Still a no go

    ReplyDelete

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...